Saturday, February 21, 2009

Disneyland in the Rain


Janice had a convention in Los Angeles last weekend, so she had to fly down for the weekend. Naturally, she can't go alone so I went with her. The weekend started off fantastic as we got bumped into First Class. Even the water tastes better. I didn't feel bad at all as I watched all the peasants file by to ride in storage class. :)




It was the LA Times Travel and Tourism Convention in downtown. So, on Saturday and Sunday, she worked and I checked out all the places I'll probably never go, unless I win the Lotto.


It was really nice in Downtown LA and we ate at some great restaurants. We just lived it up.




But on Monday, we decided to hit Disneyland for the DAY!!! It rained like crazy, which was fantastic to keep the lines short. Disneyland must have a conspiracy with the weather because we bought the $138 for tickets, $15 for ponchos, and $40 for hats and we had just walked in the gates...I guess we were trying to recover the economy on our own in one shot.



We got to meet up with two of our fantastic friends from college, Derek - Hailey, and the cutest little girl in the world, Miss Vivian. She met Janice and asked her, "Are you Cinderella?" Then, after a couple hours hugged my leg and said, "I love Mr. Corey..." I have to admit, she is so cute that if she asked me to rob a bank I'd say, "Just a second sweetie, let me get my coat!" It's so great to see Derek and Hailey who'd drive 90 minutes to see us at Disneyland in the rain. Although it rained until they got there, stopped and turned into great weather. But as soon as they left it started raining again! Talk about incredible friends!


















We hit all our rides and never waited more than 5 minutes. The walk to a ride was longer than the wait! In fact, at the end of the night, we stayed on Splash Mountain for three trips straight. The girl said, "No one's in line. Want to go again?" After that third time, the Brer Rabbit song kinda gets annoying though...


4 comments:

Lolli said...

I can only imagine what the people walking past you were thinking as you were snapping a picture of yourself with a cardboard Elvis! ;) What a fun-tastic day it sounds like you had. I've only been to Disneyland smack dab in the middle of summer when the lines are endless. Your experience sounds much nicer. The lines will never stop me though. I love that place!!

SunnyD said...

How dare you say the Brare Rabbit song gets old. NEVER!!!!

First class huh? Did they serve ice cream sundaes and give you slippers? And Calvin Cline models aboard?

Ali said...

Yeah, did you get a hot towel in first class? Cool! Sounds like you guys had a blast! You were so lucky not to have to wait in line! Loved the blog, as usual...you are too funny :)

Hailey said...

Such a fantastic day. Love you guys!