Monday, March 8, 2010

As I continue to read this book, I've been caught up in the idea of "visioncasting." Our words can so easily influence that of others..our family, friends, those we come in contact with. With a sentence we can inspire someone to be greater than they thought they could be...or shake their confidence enough to change the course of their life in a less than positive way. The author, Andy Stanley, quoted Larry Crabb:

"What would it be like if we had a vision for each other, if we could see the lost glory in ourselves, our family, and our friends?"


Lost glory. Do you ever wonder what you could be? What you were destined to be? Hopefully we're all living the lives we imagined we would...and we're right where we're suppose to be. But if not, how do we get there? How do we discover who we're meant to be? How do you influence and encourage others to take hold of their God ordained destiny? What is God's vision for all of us?

It's encouraged me to take hold of the hope that God has great things for me and those around me...a destiny I try to imagine, but, for now, it's hard for these eyes to see. no lost glory here.

No comments: