Saturday, April 17, 2010

Disheartened

Well, i recently discovered (again) there are those in the world who can take the most wonderful situations and turn them into a sad, terrible things. I came upon an adoption blog written by a very bitter birthmother. She must have a lot of bitter followers, too. On her most recent post, there were 21 comments. Curious, I reviewed them, and shouldn't have. Things that were said SHOCKED me.  As an adoptive mother I posted my own comment (I couldn't help it and I was pretty gentle!) and received a nasty one in response. For Corey and I to be happy with our new family, there certainly had to be a loss on behalf of the mother. While we know she is lost and searching for the Peace we all seek, we think so highly of her and the decision she made.  There is no greater act, nothing more selfless than giving your child to another, knowing it is for their well being.  

Corey and I spent several years praying and beseeching the Lord with so many questions about this journey. While I guess you could say we were often overwhelmed with where our path was taking us, (not knowing your future can do that) Jesus was always at the core.  No one understands the deep recesses of your heart like our Lord, so we continually took our burdens, hopes, and dreams to Him...laid them at His feet, all the while trusting He had our very best in mind and knew the desires of our hearts.  We often prayed for the birthmother..that she was staying healthy, that she was making the right decision to adopt her baby, and as she was reviewing the faces of possible parents for her baby that she would choose us if it was right. I'm confident that God, in His infinite wisdom, orchestrated all the roads that brought us together.  God was all wrapped up in this adoption.

So with the Divine miracle that is our family, it's hard to imagine there are those who feel there is a negative side to creating families through adoption.  But, as I write this, I'm not rattled by their comments for my own sake, but by the bitterness they carry over the loss of their children and the adoptive parents who have them.  So with that, I pray for these women who hold tightly to the resentment, bitterness, and anger that is shaping their lives. May they know the sweet release of forgiveness, rest in the freedom of His peace, and find new joy that their children are being raised in loving homes, which they provided, through adoption.  

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you for sharing Janice. You are truly blessed with a beautiful son...in God's doing!

SunnyD said...

Beautiful words Janice.