Saturday, February 11, 2012

Looking Back, Moving Forward

It's been almost a year since my last post. Amazing. I've spent a lot of time thinking about the things I wrote.  What's wonderful is the Lord continues to pull me forward; directing my thoughts to Him.  Now rather than fear, I find a growing disatisfaction with myself. The me who i want to be and the me that I am. The me that desires to know God to the fullest, and the me who can whip out a few memorized scriptures.  But isn't that what this life is about? Daily dying to ourselves and embracing God's truth. I'm thankful for the struggle which reminds me what I am now isn't what God wants me to be; what He's called me to be; or what He's MADE me to be.

This year I've learned (I guess I've always known) "Through your love, I exist in this world." (Sacred Space).  We haven't been created and then set loose in this world to scramble around trying to survive.  We have been "fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm139:14.  And have a God ordained PURPOSE.  "...he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

My existence and my purpose are wrapped in Jesus.  I catch glimpses of what this means and it fills me with so much peace and freedom.  But rather than fleeting moments, I'm asking the Lord to show me what it means for these truths to be natural, like breathing.  I'm on a mission.

No comments: