Saturday, January 31, 2009

Call me Iceman

I drove combine for a local farmer during the summer, and he promised to take me up in his personal fighter jet. Today, we did! I dont' know which is better, flying at Mach .82 and seeing the ground fly by, pulling 4 G's, or the barrel rolls...but it's the coolest experience. We flew to Prosser in about 5 mins, did a flyby over the airport and pulled straight up. Then toured all over Tri-Cities and the Snake River Canyon area. He has years of flying experience, which makes you very confident as you see the horizon of the Earth and Sky switch. It's very surreal as you feel gravity literally turn upside down. There's a reason I call him Maverick. So if anyone in Prosser or on the freeway between Prosser and Tri-Cities saw a yellow jet doing barrel rolls and banking, that was me, Iceman.

90 degree turn


Prosser



Housel Middle School





As for getting sick, yes. Trying to remain as cool as possible (and macho) I never did say that I was feeling queezy...until about the last 10 mins...then I said, "I'm not sick, but straight lines are nice." What else could I say? It's like saying "uncle." Sitting there, I'm thinking if I do have to ditch the food, it has to go down my shirt...Luckily, I was strong. But when I got back on ground and home I started to feel my stomach disagree. I never did hurl, which I see as a victory. I can't wait for Janice to go up!


2 comments:

Ali said...

How very cool are you?! That is AWESOME! Glad you didn't puke...it would have ruined the whole experience.

Lolli said...

Hey...you need to get yourself one of those. It would cut your commute way down. ;) I'm glad you had a good time and were "tough" until the end.