Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Three Amigos!


Janice and I have been busy looking through a bunch of old photos for a "special" project we are updating. In the process I came across this gem. It's my cousin Matt Boast, Brett Steen, and me as we did a Three Amigos skit at College Youth Group. We sang, "My Little Buttercup," just like the movie...and we are wearing a table cloth and drapes we bought at Goodwill! (our best


costumes!)Once I saw this picture again, I just started laughing so hard. It's funny how you can be instantly transported back to a time with a photo. There are 4 guys from college who are more like brothers to me.
Derek (I'm stilly embarassed about falling asleep at your parents house during Apple Blossom)
Barry (My roommate who hated my snoring-snooze button, but his hedge hog, Corey, loved me!)
Matt (My cousin, best man, and a brother in all senses of the word)
Brett (Incredible breakdancer, childhood friend, and a great lazer tag sniper)

As years have gone by, it's always tough to keep as close, but years can't ever erase the great times and how close they will always be to me.




This picture is Janice and I on August 7, 1999. It was the original day we planned to have our wedding, but we ended up postponing it to July 8, 2000. This picture was at the time we were supposed to be married, but we were on a family vacation and deep sea fishing excursion. We postponed it since we were both fresh out of college and we decided to wait and earn some extra dinero and solidify some plans. Truth is she was rushing me...and I can't be pinned down like that. ;)


4 comments:

Ali said...

You, Matt and Brett could make me laugh so hard! That picture us priceless :) I wish sometimes we could just go back to the moment, you know? Take our current families with us and just go back and take a peek...

Thanks for your nice post on my blog. It's been hard, but we have so many kind friends that are helping us pull through it.

I want to know what your special project is.

Lolli said...

Nice dingle balls hanging from the sombreros. Those are the coolest costumes. Pretty clever!

Hailey said...

Okay - that is hilarious! Brings back too many memories. Makes me want to look through old pic's. I'll be sure to have Derek read your post!

SunnyD said...

Dingle Balls....Lolli cracks me up! I didn't even recognize you in that sombrero! You should add a picture of your rap bling from the assembly a couple years back. Ya know...just to compare musical genres. :)

You're right...old friends are often the best friends. Even when you rarely, if ever, see them anymore.