Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Brother, The Soldier



I have two brothers who serve this country. One is in the Navy for almost 12 years and has traveled to more places than I can name. He was in Iraq before the war boarding Iraqi ships with security teams to inspect their cargo. His stories still can make me shiver. He is a soldier.




My oldest brother is now in Iraq. This is the vehicle he is driving. His mission is for convoy support and security. He heads on mission driving across a country that is across the world. A country I will never see, yet holds so much political clout it dominates conversations, politics, and bumber stickers across America.




My brother is a Soldier. Plain and simple. He has people's lives in his hands, and his life will no doubt be in someone else's hands. I have not always agreed with my brother in things we've done in our lives, but he is still my brother, a father of 4 beautiful girls, and a Soldier. I'm praying for my brother's safety, he needs it.




This Veteran's day really made me think some things. Our country is founded and maintained by these men, many times, boys. Soldiers have a bravery most American's can only dream of and may never have to prove. Most people are content to sit in a chair, second guess every decision ever made, and spout off at the top of their lungs against the freedoms these men provide for us...and for other people.




Either way, I'm praying for his safety and for all our soldiers. No one deserves more honor and respect than our Armed Forces, past and present. It makes me proud to be an American.


3 comments:

Lolli said...

Wow Corey! That is a wondrously moving and deserving tribute to your brothers! I absolutely agree that often times Americans forget the brave men and women who gave or continue to give so much to make this a great country in which to live. Thanks for the respect and praise for our veterans!

Ali said...

I can tell you really respect and admire your brothers. This post absolutely came from your heart, and I hope they get to read it one day soon and be encouraged to know you're back here praying for them. You're a good guy Corey!

SunnyD said...

Very cool post. Sure puts things into perspective.