Sunday, December 21, 2008

Nieces Takeover Day 3

After all that snow, the nieces were wondering if they might have to stay another night. Luckily, my skills as a US Post Office Driver come in quite handy. Nor rain, sleet, snow...shall keep me from my nap. However, the three hours it took them to pack their stuff almost did...Seriously...you get one packed, another is out the door, another is unpacking their bag to find that one pink glove so they can go outside too, and the fourth is fiddling with the DVR remote. So, after returning home I sat down with Janice to watch Christmas Vacation...I noticed my DVR had just finished recording 14 episodes of "Paid Programming: Infommercials..." I should have just told them what channel the cartoon network was on.

We had a fantastic time with them this weekend. The dog is asleep and could be in a coma...not sure what treats she was getting this weekend when my back was turned. Janice has returned the house to normal while I drove the little gippers home to Yakima. I have pictures to post, if I can find the camera...maybe it's under the couch cushion where the remote was...along with that pink glove.

5 comments:

Lolli said...

Yeah...you all survived! I can't even believe you drove them home. I knew for sure there would be a day four post. I bet you never realized how peaceful and quiet your house is huh? I bet the girls were tired after the Christmas Extravaganza with Uncle Corey and Aunt Janice! You kept em' busy. Way to go! Now go take a nap!!

Janice said...

I drove home from Yakima with no radio. Silence. Sweet, sweet silence.

Ali said...

You're a good uncle, Corey...who'da thought?! I bet that'll be a visit you'll all remember for a long time. Have a great Christmas!

Lynn said...

Could we borrow you guys for a weekend too?? Sounds like you did a great job and are now broke in for 4 different kids right? We only have one set of pink gloves and I won't even send them if that would help :)

SunnyD said...

Silence? WHat is that???