Sunday, December 7, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Every year, Janice and I have the discussion. This year, I (won) convinced her that a fake tree was easier. We have a small skinny tree that we usually put in the dining room corner with just lights. This year, it's our tree! We have a busy couple weeks with school wrapping up, basketball, her job stuff, being gone over Christmas anyway, and of course we felt this would be easier! She relented. It's almost too easy. At first I felt bad, like I had tricked her into it, but then I thought No pine needles, no watering, no worries about the air vent drying out one side, it's smaller. It just makes Christmas nice! I was going to try to wait her out this week and see if she'd cave and put the decorations on, but she made me today. She was starting the wrapping of presents and my job wasn't to watch TV, which I tried to convince her it was. So I decorated the tree. One thing I must say I've always liked is how she has a blue and silver theme for our trees. When we first got married, she found these really nice decoration balls and a ribbon to match. She made each of the ribbons. So instead of having a tree with several colors, it has a nice simple look to it.


We usually do a much more fun tree hunt. We like to drive up to nowhere, hike in the snow, and find that perfect Griswald family Christmas tree. Bring it home, sap, squirrels, and all. But this year, it's just not as much snow and fun. They've been questionable, and sometimes downright scrawny...But it makes great memories!




3 comments:

Ali said...

I love your tree! It's very sophisticated-looking. I'm glad Janice made you decorate it, you meanie!

Lolli said...

Okay Heitschmidt...me and the girls are cracking up. I find it quite funny that you showed me the video of Janice being smothered by the tree but you kind of failed to show the video of you having trouble "walking" in the snow. I see why!

I like your little tree this year. It's kind of a cute little fellow.

Lynn said...

Alright, we're blog stalking and the boys and I are busting up over the snow video (they think there might have been a bear under there). Made me cold watching, especially when the snow went down her neck, I could feel it too! Thanks for giving us a good laugh and for your devotion to coaching!